Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dude Just Shredding 100 Foot Wave



Hawaiian big-wave surfer Garrett McNamara will go to any lengths to chase a massive swell. On Monday that pursuit took him back to Praia do Norte, a tiny coastal village about 60 miles north of Lisbon, Portugal, where he got pulled into a massive wave that has the entire surfing world in awe. What's remarkable about the wave McNamara rode Monday is how much bigger it appears than his record-breaking ride at the very same spot back in November of 2011. That 2011 ride is currently recognized as the Guinness World Record for the largest wave ever surfed, at 78 feet.

FUCK THAT. I've always said that surfers or skateboarders are a different breed of human. Like I tried skateboarding when I was younger and yeah I could ollie so I was a big deal, but immediately after that I tried a kickflip and almost died. True story. Anyways, this Garrett McNamara dude lives the fucking dream. Dude just waits around probably smoking weed and banging chicks and then someone tells him theres gonna be a 100 foot wave and hes just like, yeahhh I guess I'll surf it. My version of thrill is when I go over a sort of big hill in my car and I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach like I just rode the "Tower of Terror". GMAC over here just shreds 100 foot waves like its nothing.

PS- Imagine showing someone from the year 1900 this picture and tried to explain it? "Yeah, thats a 100 foot wave, and you see that speck right there? Yeah, thats a human and he's on this bit of plastic and he's totally not going to die." Witchcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment